Eden Girls’ School, Slough judged ‘outstanding’ in first Ofsted inspection
Staff, governors, pupils and parents from Eden Girls’ School, Slough are celebrating after our school was judged to be ‘outstanding’ in every category in our first Ofsted inspection.
Ofsted visited our 11-18 secondary school in Bath Street in early May. The inspectors’ report commends our school for how well pupils are cared for and the exceptional academic progress they make. The report also highlighted the personal development opportunities from which pupils benefit in our “vibrant and inspiring learning community”.
School leaders, governors and Star, the multi-academy trust to which our school belongs, were praised for having “a clear and uncompromising vision for the school that promotes academic excellence, character development and service to the community”. Inspectors added that “a culture of high expectations, coupled with effective support, permeates the school”.
Key findings of Ofsted’s report include:
• “Leaders have created a happy and secure environment, and pupils love coming to school.”
• “Pupils attain highly and make extremely strong progress from their broadly average starting points right across the curriculum.”
• “Pupils’ impeccable conduct and thirst for learning contribute to their excellent outcomes.”
• “There are very many opportunities for pupils to gain leadership skills.”
• “Teachers have high expectations of their pupils and create a positive and ambitious climate.”
• “Staff in the school show relentless determination to help every pupil overcome the difficulties they face.”
• “Disadvantaged pupils, including the most able, make outstanding progress compared with other pupils nationally with the same starting points.”
• “Pupils are extremely well prepared for their next steps. They show resilience and confidence, as well as a strong command of English and mathematics.”
• “The development of pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural education is a strength of the school. Fundamental British values are fully embedded into school life
Karim Murcia, Principal of Eden Girls’ School, Slough, said:
“I am extremely proud that our school has been recognised as ‘outstanding’ in our first Ofsted inspection since opening. This is a product of the hard work and dedication displayed by every member of our fantastic school community on a daily basis.
“It is wonderful for the staff and governors to be praised so glowingly, however we are most pleased with how clear it was to the inspectors that our pupils enjoy coming to school. It’s also very satisfying to hear such praise for the way in which our pupils are developed and supported, both academically and pastorally.”
Dot Thomson, Chair of Governors, added:
“The recognition of the high standards embedded within Eden Girls’ School, Slough is pleasing to see. With high quality teaching and learning a standard practice, this report provides evidence that our vision for this school is being realised.
“The inspectors acknowledged the expertise and experience available to them through the support of the Governing Body and Star Academies, and we will strive to continue supporting the school, as we have been doing since the beginning.”
The full Ofsted report can be found here.
Pupils from Eden Girls’ School, Slough celebrate the school’s ‘outstanding’ Ofsted result with Principal Karim Murcia.
Added By: Eden Girls' School, Slough | Date Added: 13th Jun 2018 | Posted In: Latest News