We firmly believe that a successful student has more to offer than a set of exam results, particularly if they are to fulfill their potential as future leaders in multi-cultural 21st century Britain. The sixth form will offer a range of activities that allow all our young people to develop their unique talents and demonstrate a wide set of skills and personal qualities beyond those simply required for academic success.
Opportunities will include:
- A regular programme of trips to places of interest, at home and abroad
- Regular sport, outdoor activities and challenges
- Student and subject societies
- Careers placements in Year 12
- University preparation events and courses
- Community, charity and voluntary opportunities
By becoming engaged in community and voluntary projects and charity work – especially with an international dimension – students will be given the opportunity to develop emotionally and spiritually and to demonstrate servant leadership and community service.
They will acquire skills of leadership and teamwork, strategy development and implementation, organisation, finance and communication. Our aim is for each student to have an attractive portfolio of evidence and achievement, which can be presented to any university, or employer.